County law dictates that, regardless of the origin of the roots, each party affected by a fallen tree is responsible for the cleanup and repair of their property. Liability does change, however, if the owner of the dead tree or potentially dangerous tree is formally forewarned. Be on the lookout and inform us of any unsafe trees, particularly in the common areas. For information or concerns regarding this service, call the common area manager at (804) 349-5019.
Each spring the Raintree Association offers residents free removal of branches placed close to the street.
The 2024 ANNUAL BRANCH PICK-UP has not been scheduled yet. Check this page or join our e-mail list for updates later this year.
- Branches placed close to or next to the street curb will be picked up for free. Please do not add a pile after a street has been cleared.
- No need to cut branches shorter. Chippers handle long branches easily.
- Due to budgeting constraints, standing dead trees will NOT be cut down and removed this year.
- It is imperative that NO construction materials be in the piles—nails, wire, etc. damage the chipper. In the past, unseen wire fencing caused expensive repairs and delays.
- It would be a much appreciated community service if branches from adjacent common areas be added to piles of branches.
- No leaves, bags, root balls, stumps or construction materials will be accepted.