Because our current property manager is retiring, we are beginning our search for a new part-time manager for our Association. Below is the job description. If you or someone you know is qualified and interested in applying, send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7, 2023.
Regularly inspect certain association property and improvements to identify needed maintenance and repairs, including:
- Trails, surrounding property, and associated improvements:
- Trail entrances
- Lake, surrounding property, and associated improvements:
- Trash cans
- Neighborhood entrance signage, surrounding property, and associated improvements:
- Engage and manage vendors to improve, maintain, and repair association property and improvements, including:
- Grounds maintenance
- Tree removal
- Electrical repair
- Trash removal
- Other improvement projects as directed.
- Engage and manage vendors to implement an annual branch pickup service.
- Ensure vendors meet necessary insurance and regulatory requirements prior to performance of work.
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices; interfaces with the association’s financial management contractor to submit necessary documentation to arrange payment.
Member and Board Relations
- Field and resolve member inquiries regarding needs involving association property.
- Submit regular written reports of activities to the board of directors.
- Report to the board of directors at monthly board meetings, and at other times as necessary.
- Assists the board of directors with preparation of the association’s annual budget.
- Report to the entire association membership at the association’s annual meeting.
- Acts in a professional manner when interacting with directors, members, and vendors.
- Responds in a timely manner to inquiries from directors, members, and vendors.
- Independently manages the maintenance and repair of the association’s property and improvements.
- Independently manages the resolution of member inquiries.
- Consults with the board of directors when necessary on complicated or problematic matters.
- Reviews vendor work product to ensure the quality of the work performed is commensurate with the cost and expectations of the board and membership; works with vendors to resolve quality issues.
- Works to ensure that maintenance, repair, and improvement needs are met in line with the association’s budget.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience in the fields of construction, landscaping, property management, or vendor management.
- Organized and capable of managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of laws and codes relevant to construction of property improvements.
- Ability to present information verbally and in writing in an organized and concise manner.
- Ability to interpret plats, maps, and construction drawings.
- Ability to climb stairs of bridges in order to inspect their condition and evaluate repairs/maintenance performed by vendors.
- Ability to hike the association’s trail system in order to inspect the association’s property, improvements, and to evaluate maintenance performed by vendors.
- Ability to traverse landscaped and wooded areas in order to inspect damaged trees, improvements, and other conditions and evaluate maintenance performed by vendors.