BOD Meeting Minutes April 13th 2021

The Raintree Association Board of Directors Meeting

April 13th, 2021  7:00 P.M.

Zoom Meeting

Present: Reade Johnson, Ward 1, Melissa Mascher, Ward 2, Kevin Schellenberg, Ward 4 , Judith Bailey, Ward 5, President, Brandon Mathews, Ward 6, Gillian Bell, Ward 7, Mary Ann Bergeron, 8, Rick Lustig, Ward 9, Matt Greene, Ward 10, Cindy Baxter, Ward 11, Linda Harrell, Ward 12, Sean Fields, Ward 13, Gregg Reynolds, Ward 14, Jordan Ware, Secretary, Dianna Smith, Property Manager

Absent: Meg Turner, Ward 3

  1. Homeowner’s Open Forum
  2. The meeting was called to order by Linda Harrell, Vice President, at 7:03pm
  3. Secretary’s Report- Jordan Ware

a. Minutes from previous meeting – Approved

  1. Treasurer Report – Gregg Reynolds

a. ACS  prepared the February 2021 financial statement for review

b. The treasurer proposed the following plan in order to earn more interest on funds held in the checking account: Keeping $80,000 of reserves in liquid accounts, $30k will be moved to a higher earning Money Market account and $50k will stay in checking. Another  $40,000 will be moved into two, one year,CD accounts with $20k each, that end at staggering times.  

c. The board voted unanimously to approve the treasurer’s proposal. 

  1. Property Manager’s Report- Dianna Smith

a. The Property Manager prepared the following Property manager report for review:

BRANCH PICK UP

  • Arrangements were made for the annual Branch Pick Up to begin May 3, weather permitting, as stated in 4 signs placed at entrances. A pop-up will be on the heading of the website and details are in the tab “Trees and Branches”.

TREES 

  • Tree work in the common areas adjacent to the following addresses has been completed after being rescheduled twice due to excessive rainfall: 1904 Falconbridge Ct (which is also 1905 Wildflower Terrace), 10206 Pepperhill Lane,10206 Pepperhill Lane and 4 trees at the Lake.
  • A fallen tree was removed from the Heritage Hill trail leading to Deepwood Circle.

LAKE 

  • The swale, that was recently cleaned out, prevented the runoff of Tennis Club paint clean up from entering the lake. The trench, full from green oil base paint was reported by a resident to ward representative, Mary Ann Bergeron. The Club owner then directed the painters to continue clean up in another area and had debris fill the trench to absorb the liquid.
  • Quotes are being solicited for a Bathymetry Survey to find out the volume of the lake in our steps to replace the outfall pipe. 
  • Quotes are being solicited for patching the asphalt path this summer. 
  • The Goose Man has been contacted to dissuade 4 geese from permanently residing at the lake. This is done humanely with a remote controlled boat (and not if there are goslings). If not discouraged, goose numbers increase dramatically and they make a mess of the asphalt path. We get complaints especially from runners and people with strollers. 
  • There are no more dead fish at the Lake. The problem was apparently temperature change related. 

COMMON AREA

  • Options are being investigated and quotes being gathered for resealing the Gayton /Quioccasin fence. 
  • The sign stating that the “Trail has no outlet/ please do not trespass on private property”, placed at the beginning of the Corner Trail, that disappeared was replaced. It disappeared a week later. 
  • Now that the common area ground has dried somewhat, I will continue soliciting quotes to complete the trail to connect to Falconbridge. 
  • Small tripper stumps on the Corner Trail and the Lakecrest Trail have been removed. 

b. Signs to be posted around the lake reminding fishermen to clean up fishing line which is a danger to wildlife. 

  1. Ward Representative Reports

a.  Complaint of parked vehicle blocking the view for drivers at the intersection of Raintree and Falconbridge.  The law states that you can not park within twenty feet of an intersection and violations can be reported to the non-emergency police line. 

  1. Committee Reports

a. Architectural Review Committee- Jordan Ware 

  • Maremont Drive- Replacing existing decks with new material, approved
  • Dawndeer Lane- Shed approved
  • Idlebrook Drive- Replacing existing fence
  • Answered various questions. 

 b. Communications Committee- Melissa Mascher 

  • Website has numerous updates implemented
  • Email subscription is up and running. 
  • Email sent to subscribers about the by-laws vote. The next email communication will be about the annual meeting and branch pick up. 

c. By-Laws Committee- Linda Harrell

    • Letter was mailed to the  Raintree Community with information on how to vote for the proposed by-laws revision. 
    • To date: 109 “Yes” votes and 1 “No”. 

d. Elections Committee- Kevin Schellenberg 

  • Completed nominations period and reached out to everyone who was nominated. 
  •  Elections will be held in  three Wards where there is more than one candidate. Voted can be submitted via mail or email. 
  • A draft ballot was proposed and unanimously approved by the board.
  1. Action Items 
  2. Unfinished Business

a. The next step in the county traffic calming request (for Falconbridge Drive) is to collect signatures from a list of affected residents that agree with increased fines for speeding.  Judith Bailey will contact the county to find out the best way to collect signatures and what forms are accepted.

 

  1. New Business

a. Resident complaint about political signs and how they are addressed in the covenants.  The board is looking into the policy around political signs, the covenants from the 1970’s do not reflect the current climate around the matter. 

b. The Board voted unanimously to hold the Annual meeting at 7:00pm, May 11th at  the Deep Run Recreation Ballroom with limits on attendance per the current guidelines due to COVID-19.  

  1. The next meeting will take place at 7:00pm at the Deep Run Recreation center Ballroom  on May11th 2021. 
  2. Meeting was adjourned at 8:41 pm

Respectfully Submitted, 

     Jordan Ware, Secretary 

BOD Meeting Minutes May 11th 2021

The Raintree Association Board of Directors Meeting

May 11th, 2021  7:00 P.M.

Deep Run Recreation Center

Present: Reade Johnson, Ward 1, Meg Turner, Ward 3 Kevin Schellenberg, Ward 4 , Judith Bailey, Ward 5, President, Brandon Mathews, Ward 6, Gillian Bell, Ward 7, Mary Ann Bergeron, 8, Rick Lustig, Ward 9, Matt Greene, Ward 10, Cindy Baxter, Ward 11, Linda Harrell, Ward 12, Sean Fields, Ward 13, Gregg Reynolds, Ward 14, Jordan Ware, Secretary, Dianna Smith, Property Manager

Absent: Melissa Mascher, Ward 2

  1. Welcome by Judith Bailey, President, at 7:02 pm
  2.  In the past year:  ACS has taken over management duties, completed Reserve Study, new Committees, By-laws revision and successfully requested county  build/replace sidewalk on Raintree Drive 

3. Introduction of Ward Representatives and employees 

4. Presentation of By-laws Revision- Linda Harrell, Vice President and Kevin Schellenberg

  1. Reports 

a. Finances- Gregg Reynolds, Treasurer 

  • Reserves Study
  • Review of Income Expense Statement 

b. Communications Committee- Meg Turner

    • Summary of Website updates and changes

c. Architectural Review Committee- Jordan Ware

  • Summary of Architectural review process which  can also be found on the Raintree website.

 

d. Elections- Kevin Schellenberg, Chair

    • Election Summary and 2021 Election results: Ward 1- Reade Johnson, Ward 3- Meg Turner, Ward 5- Judith Bailey

e. Common Areas- Dianna Smith, Property Manager

    • 100 acres of common area
    • Monthly Property Manager Report available on the Raintree Website. 
    • Lake lights and spillway systems are the most expensive projects coming up.

f. Traffic Calming- Brandon Matthews

    • Presentation on the Traffic Calming request for Falconbridge Drive

 

  1. Questions from Residents 

a. Heritage Hill is included in the annual Branch Pick up 

b. Presence of snakes, piles of debris and large rocks are places snakes are attracted to. 

c. Traffic calming problems 

d. Falconbridge and Raintree intersection traffic issues

  1. Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm

Respectfully Submitted, 

     Jordan Ware, Secretary 

BOD Meeting Minutes March 9th 2021

The Raintree Association Board of Directors Meeting

March 9th, 2021  7:00 P.M.

Zoom Meeting

Present: Reade Johnson, Ward 1, Melissa Mascher, Ward 2, Meg Turner, Ward 3, Kevin Schellenberg, Ward 4 , Judith Bailey, Ward 5, President, Gillian Bell, Ward 7, Mary Ann Bergeron, 8, Rick Lustig, Ward 9, Matt Greene, Ward 10,  Linda Harrell, Ward 12, Gregg Reynolds, Ward 14, Jordan Ware, Secretary, Dianna Smith, Property Manager

Absent: Brandon Mathews, Ward 6, Cindy Baxter, Ward 11, Sean Fields, Ward 13

  1. Homeowner’s Open Forum
  2. The meeting was called to order by Judith Bailey, President, at 7:03pm
  3. Secretary’s Report- Jordan Ware

a. Minutes from previous meeting – Approved

4. Treasurer Report – Gregg Reynolds

a. ACS  prepared the January 2021 financial statement for review

b. After 2021 assessment collection, the budget will allow roughly $28k to be added to reserves. 

c. Judith will send out a list of delinquent assessments.

d. Working on plan to move some of the checking account balance to a type of interest earning account

5. Property Manager’s Report- Dianna Smith

a. The Property Manager prepared the following  Property manager report for review: 

PROPERTY MANAGER REPORT  /  MARCH 9, 2021 / DIANNA SMITH

TREES 

  • Weather and the ground being too wet to drive on has delayed tree work  in the common areas adjacent to the following addresses: 1904 Falconbridge Ct (which is also 1905 Wildflower Terrace), 10206 Pepperhill Lane,10202 Pepperhill Lane and 4 trees at the Lake. This work has been reported, verified, estimates solicited, work scheduled and residents notified of the change in schedule. 
  • Fallen trees blocking the Long Creek Trail Entrance on Falconbridge were removed.
  • Two major branches on a tree in the Common Area behind 10310 Maremont Place broke, and were hanging down from 40 feet high, touching a shed. Using a 30 foot ladder, then climbing, Jerome Robinson skillfully tied, cut, safely lowered and removed them.
  • At the Lakecrest Trail entrance, the ice storm bent many bamboo stalks into the street, the nearby driveway and the trail. A trailer full of stalks were cut and removed. 
  • A leaning tree from the common area bent into the driveway at 1804 Lakecrest Court. Limbs were removed at the resident’s direction. 
  • A tree dropping branches on the driveway next to 2003 Windbluff Court is in a utility easement questioned the responsibility for the tree. The County Public Works Dept. was called to verify that the tree is the responsibility of the resident, who was informed. 
  • Fallen trees, one large and one small, will be removed from the Heritage Hill trails in the very near future.
  • The residents at 10113 Dawndeer Lane were notified, by a certified letter, of dead tree on their property. 

LAKE 

  • Hopefully the bright signs placed at the lake in 7 places will be a “wake-up” to residents who have become complacent about cleaning up after their pets. 
  • There are 2 species of birds who are entertaining the lake walkers. They are the Hooded Mergancers and Comorants. 
  • Three dead fish appeared after the ice storm. Both the National Wildlife and the County Environmental representatives agreed that this is likely due to the sudden change in temperatures. We are monitoring the situation.
  • The  2 swales were cleaned out were just in time for the big precipitation. The one that prevents the runoff from the tennis tent from entering the lake will be further enlarged. The one that drains the standing water near the Commons is helping to drain the excess water. 
  • A plug of concrete, near the Lake path, 18 inches long and 6 inches in diameter was dug up and removed as it was becoming a tripper.

COMMON AREAS

  • Several areas on the trails are understandably water logged considering the inordinate ice, snow and rainfall. Last year, the Foxfire Trail was relocated to higher ground next to the creek. It has proved to be a successful solution, as that trail is walkable and much of the old path is currently under water.
  • The sign stating that the “Trail has no outlet/ please do not trespass on private property” placed at the beginning of the Corner Trail has disappeared. It will be replaced very soon. The resident on Rounding Run has not seen trespassers walking through her yard since “Private Property /No Trespassing” signs were placed on her property almost two months ago.
  • Limbs hanging close to the sidewalk on Raintree Drive have been pruned. Also stumps (possible trippers) on Foxfire Trail have been cut.
  • A running list of outstanding projects will be completed as time allows and in the order of their urgency.
  1. Ward Representative Reports

a.  Ward 3- Meg has asked residents with leaf piles to call the county for leaf removal. 

  1. Committee Reports

a. Architectural Review Committee- Jordan Ware 

  • Maremont Place- Fence approved
  • Chain link fence being removed and not replaced with another fence.  No Architectural Modification required.

b. Newsletter/Website Committee- Melissa Mascher 

  • Updating block party page to say “community gathering”
  • Lake page- added lake history etc. 
  • Monitoring google analytics
  • Recommendation to rename Newsletter, website committee to be called Communications committee and increase responsibilities.  They would be in charge of all communications with the community ( every format included). 
  • Email Communications Presentation

c. By-Laws Committee- Linda Harrell

    • Board was presented with the letter  “Voting on the revised  by-laws” which is  to be sent to the entire Raintree Community. Letter approved. 

d. Elections Committee- Kevin Schellenberg 

  • Board was presented with the letter “Ward Representative Nominations’ ‘ which is to be sent to the Wards that are up for election this year. Letter approved. 
  • Presented the nomination process through the Raintree website 
  1. Action Items 
  2. Unfinished Business

a. Traffic Calming request has been sent to the county.  

b. Signs have been added at the lake that address dog waste. Signs seem to be working. 

  1. New Business

a. The board voted unanimously to approve creation of the Communications committee. 

b. The board voted unanimously to approve the creation of an email list of residents who voluntarily submit their addresses through the website.

c. Forum for the yearly meeting (May 11th 2021) needs to be decided during the April meeting. 

  1. The next meeting will take place via Zoom at 7:00pm on April 13th 2021. 
  2. Meeting was adjourned at 8:11 pm

Respectfully Submitted, 

     Jordan Ware, Secretary